952 43 656
Arne Nygaard joined the faculty of Høyskolen Kristiania in 2014. He received his Dr.Oecon degree from the Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration in 1992.
Professor Nygaard is the author of more than 50 papers and more than 20 papers in international refereed journals, five articles on the Financial Times list of top journals, seven books and, comments and articles on a wide range of economic and business-related topics in the international and Norwegian press.
His primary research interests are vertical/horizontal integration, industrial organization, economic contracts and incentives, sustainability and green marketing and entrepreneurship and research strategy. He serves as a reviewer in several international refereed journals, international evaluation committees and served as a scientific advisor at the Foundation for Research in Economics and Business Administration at the Norwegian School of Economics.
Nygaard received the Citation of Excellence outstanding contribution award from ANBAR in 1997, the outstanding research award from the Norwegian Business School in 2000 and best paper award from American Marketing Association in 2002, Southern Management Association in 2005 and Johan Arndts Prize for Outstanding Publication in 2007. He also served as the Dean at the school of marketing at BI Norwegian Business School and the chief coordinator of the Ph.D. Program in marketing. He was director for the Center for Advanced Research in Retailing at BI Norwegian Business School 2005-2012.
Nygaard served as Guest Editor for the 2009 Nobel Prize in Economics special issue in honor of “Oliver E. Williamson and Business Research” of Journal of Retailing, # 3, 2010.
- 2014 – present: Professor – Kristiania University College
- 2000 – 2014 Professor – BI Norwegian Business School
- 2009 – 2010 Guest Editor – Journal of Retailing, New York University
- 2001 – 2004 Director, Centre for Advanced Research in Retailing – BI Norwegian Business School
- 1994 – 2000 Program Director, Dr. Oecon program in Marketing – BI Norwegian Business School
- 1986 – 1992 Dr. Oecon, Strategy – Norwegian School of Economics (NHH)
- 1979 – 1982 MSc, Master og Business and Econimics, siviløkonom – BI Norwegian Business School
Field of expertise
- Industrial organization, strategic control, integration and alliances
- Economic contracts, sustainable management, research design, research strategy
- “The Dual-Agency Problem Reconsidered: A Strategic Deviance Perspective on the Franchise Form of Organizing,” Roland Kidwell Arne Nygaard in Entrepreneurship Theory & Practice, Vol. 35, (3). 2011.
- “Epilogue: Popperian Perspectives on Transaction Cost Economics and Future Directions of Empirical Research,” Robert Dahlstrom and Arne Nygaard in Journal of Retailing, Vol. 86, (3), p. 284-289. 2010.
- “Antecedents and Effects of Free Riding in the Franchisor-Franchisee Relationship,” R.E. Kidwell, Arne Nygaard & Professor R. Silkoset in the Journal of Business Venturing, Vol. 22, (4), p. 522-544, 2007.
- “Role Stress and Effectiveness in Horizontal Alliances,” Robert Dahlstrom and Arne Nygaard in the Journal of Marketing, vol.66 (2), pp.61-82, 2002.
- “An Empirical Investigation of Ex Post Transaction Costs in Franchised Distribution Channels,” Robert Dahlstrom and Arne Nygaard in the Journal of Marketing Research, May, 1999.